JPS Supply Chain Ltd.
My customer is in need of a Transport Operations Manager to run their Merseyside Depot.
The successful candidate will have a solid track record in managing within a fast moving retail distribution environment with around 200 drivers. They will have a desire to succeed and lead a team to achieve a level of excellence that will enable both themselves and the team to move ahead on their respective careers paths.
This role is not for the faint hearted, the right candidate for this role will have experience in implementing change and ensuring that targets and KPIs are met and exceeded where they have not been before.
A candidate that will be suitable for this role will have experience and have to carry out the following tasks/duties: –
• To manage loading and movement of vehicles
• Day-to-day maintaining of transport and quality procedures
• To manage staffing and holidays
• To meet and exceed company SLAs
• To support the GM in reporting, day-to-day activities and liaison with other depts.
• To ensure customer issues are resolved in line with Customer Service metrics.
Health and Safety/Security
• To ensure that Health and Safety policy is adhered to and monitored
• To ensure security searches and performed in-line with company policy
• To ensure staffing levels are maintained through recruitment – both perm and temp
• To deal with disciplinary and grievance issues
• To conduct appraisals and training
• To carry out regular meetings with union/employee representatives.
If this opportunity will enable you accomplish your work and life goals, then please apply.